Come in your car or join us LIVE online for Palm Sunday - First service is at 8:30am!
Concerning the Coronavirus
Dear Church of Our Savior Community,
I wrote earlier this week concerning the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and ways we are being responsible at Church of Our Savior for the health and well being of our congregation. Since my earlier email the World Health Organization has declared the virus a global pandemic and the first case has been confirmed in Jacksonville. While we have nothing to fear and in fact are filled with the hope of Christ in all situations, this is a time to be responsible and care for one another. It is also a time to share as we are able, the reason for the hope that we have with those who are full of fear and panic right now. I encourage you to see this time as a wonderful opportunity from the Lord to share the Gospel with those around you.
Your church leadership is closely monitoring the situation and prayerfully discerning the safety and well being of our church family. I have also been in discussions with other Anglican Pastors around the country and in our Diocese. At this time we have decided that it is best to suspend all church events, gatherings, and services for the next two weeks. This means beginning immediately all events at the physical church facility, in the community, or in homes are being suspended through Saturday, March 28th. We will re-evaluate the situation as we go to determine if any further measures are necessary. It is our hope to return to a normal schedule beginning with worship services on March 29th, but we will re-evaluate as we get closer to that time… Read More
Conceptual Design for Prospective
Church of Our Savior Sanctuary
Our building team has been working with Kasper Architects and Ron Scalisi to incorporate the feedback we received from the congregation in our June workshop regarding the future needs and direction of Church of Our Savior. We are also stimulated by the blessing of the new parcel of land to our east which was generously donated last year for a new sanctuary. Images of various aspects of the exterior, interior and floor plans of the building as they currently stand are available by clicking here.
- Our intent is to develop all 1.89 buildable acres of our 5.44-acre lot to the east of us.
- The proposed structure is oriented generally north and south, facing Beach Boulevard.
- The building is approximately 9700 square feet.
- The sanctuary, as currently configured, will seat 350, with 250 downstairs, 100 upstairs.
- The current design has 123 parking spaces providing a 2:1 ratio at 250 seats and a 2:8 1 ratio at 350 seats. Both plans are well within the parking requirements for code.
- Our tower will be about 100 feet high
- Our existing building will be connected to the new sanctuary with a covered walkway.
- We will have a covered drop off in the parking lot on the east side of the building.
- Once we have the final design in place we will begin a careful study of ways and means and timing to go forward. This process should start in the spring.
You’re New? Welcome!
Welcome to Church of Our Savior. We are a group of people who have experienced the grace and mercy of God through our Savior Jesus Christ. The grace of God simply means that we have received from God His love and forgiveness even though we do not deserve it. We are far from perfect, but God loves us anyway and He proved it when He sent His one and only Son Jesus Christ to die on a cross for all our failures. The greatest part about this grace is that it is a gift that God has given to ALL people! We would love nothing more than to share this grace that we know with you. Check out our website, but more importantly, come and share with us in the love and grace of our Savior.